Open Track Days At The FIRM
We welcome drivers of all experience levels to enjoy our track!
Come test your driving skills and take your car to the edge of its performance at The FIRM “Open Track Days”! Become a Drivers Club Member for even more exclusive open track benefits.
Where are you going to find blind corners, elevation changes and kinky roads in Florida? The FIRM has exactly what you are looking for! No speed limits! No traffic lights! High speeds, plus you will experience esses, hairpin turns, and straights.
The FIRM open track days attract a diverse group of drivers. So whether you’re an expert driver, or a novice still getting used to the world of motorsports, this is the perfect time to test your skills! We rotate groups of 9 cars on our 1.6 mile track, which means you get a lot of seat time, and a lot of room to improve your driving skills. Check out our track here.
Insurance & Liability Disclaimer: Check your insurance provider to determine if your vehicle is covered for track use or CLICK HERE for Track insurance quotes with Hagerty.
How to Register and Costs
Open Track Days on most FRIDAY, SATURDAY & SUNDAY
Check out Event Dates and Register @MotorsportReg
FIRST-TIME Track Drivers WELCOME! Register Early and Pay Only *$250
*Required $100 Instruction Session If Limited Track Experience.
$275 – Registration Fee
$250 – Early-Bird Rate (3 or more days prior to event)
$150 – New Helmets for Sale $150 & Up
$100 – Private 20 Minute Instruction (required for new trackers)
$100 – Extra Driver Fee (collected per driver, not per car)
$35 – Rent Transponder or $15 to Link Personal Transponder
$25 – Passengers or Helmet Rental (SA2015 or newer ONLY)
$10 – Guests and Crew Members
Open Track Day Schedule
7:30 AM – Gates Open
8:00 AM – Vehicle Technical Inspection
8:45 AM – Mandatory Driver’s Meeting
9:00 AM-12:00 PM – Track Open
12:00 PM-1:00 PM – Track Closed (Lunch)
1:00 PM-4:00 PM – Track Open
5:00 PM – Gates Closed
*WE RUN RAIN OR SHINE (No Credits. No Refunds.)
FIRM events are subject to change based on Private Events. In rare cases OTD Events may be rescheduled and credits applied (no refunds).
Things to Help You Plan Ahead
- Must attend the mandatory driver’s meeting and complete the Vehicle Technical Inspection Form.
- Most Common New Track Driver Answers:
- SA 2015 or Newer Helmet Required.
- DOT 4 Brake Fluid and 60% Minimum Brake Pad.
- 5/32 Inches Minimum Tire Tread.
- No Cracked Windshield.
- Helmets, Seatbelts and Close-Toed Shoes are required.
- Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are recommended.
- Open Wheels and Convertibles are allowed.
- 20 Minute Instruction session required for all first time FIRM track customers.
- We run RAIN or SHINE. No rain checks/no exceptions. If your car is inoperable and you call 48 hours prior to the event we will issue a one-time courtesy credit good for 90 days.
- The entry fee is collected per driver. Every driver must pay/register individually.
- Passing is only allowed when your wheels are straight, and only when the driver being passed gives you a “point by” to indicate that they are prepared for you to pass them.
- Driving off-course repeatedly, whether intentionally or unintentionally, may end your race day. Respect other drivers on track – we are not racing.
- Must be 16 or up to track. Under 18 must have MINOR WAIVER everyone else a WAIVER.
Convertibles are allowed on track ONLY if you can pass the “Broomstick Test” AND the below minimum standard checklist:
In motorsport, the “Broomstick Test” is a typical practice to rest a broomstick across the top of the windshield and the roll bar hoop while the occupants are seated in the vehicle to determine whether the roll bar hoop is high enough. If the top of any occupants’ helmet is above this plane, the roll bar is not going to provide sufficient protection.
Sufficient roll bar hoop height can also be an issue for tall drivers; in part because the roll bar hoop is designed by the manufacturer for street use (driving without the additional height of a helmet). It is your responsibility to confirm you have sufficient roll bar height before registering for our events.
- You understand it is an added risk as when the car is upside down your head may take the impact.
- If your vehicle has factory rollover protection (see below), or an aftermarket roll bar, then you should be able to pass The FIRM’s Tech inspection and drive on our track.
- Below is a known list of vehicles with factory rollover protection and aftermarket rollover protection. The FIRM does not endorse, nor will be held liable for any failures of roll bars. If you have any questions, please contact The FIRM before registering for a track event.
If your vehicle is not on the list, it is probably not track ready. If you believe your car has factory rollover protection, below, are the Acceptable Forms of Documentation which you can email to [email protected] for review:
- Factory-produced sales brochures and websites (a link may be sent).
- Letters or emails from an employee of the factory. This MUST be on letterhead or use the manufacturer’s domain. The letter must specifically state that the vehicle has rollover protection.
Targa top vehicles – OK
Audi TT Roadster (2009)
Aston Martin DB9, DBS
BMW 1 & 6 Series
BMW Z3 (Optional pop-up bars)
BMW E36 (Optional pop-up bars)
Chevrolet Corvette C8
Ferrari 355 & 360
Honda Del Sol (top on or off okay)
Lamborghini Murcielago / Gallardo
2002+ Lexus 430sc
Mazda Miata (3rd & 4ta Generation only, 2006‐present)
Mercedes SL (1990+)
Mercedes CLK, SLK, E Class, C Class
Mini Cooper 2009+
Porsche 991, 996, 997
Saab 9-3 (2004 &)
Acceptable roll bars include, but are not limited to, the following: Hard Dog (any specified as acceptable for NASA or SSCA HPDE on their website). Auto Power Street Roll Bar, Street-Sport Roll Bar, or Race Roll Bar. Blackbird Fabworx Miata / MX5 / 2017+ Fiat 124.